Bitstream Inc. today announced the newest upgrade to the company’s font technology, Bitstream Panorama and Bitstream Font Fusion. Bitstream Panorama is the worldwide text composition engine that enables developers to compile and render text in any language. Bitstream’s Font Fusion is a text rendering solution that offers developers the fastest rendering speeds and best probable text output of any font engine on the market today.
Bitstream Panorama 7.0
Panorama is currently available as a plug-in for iOS and Android operating systems. The plug-in allows access to features akin to better layout control, complex script sustain not supported by the base system, and support for non-TTF font formats. Panorama 7.0 also includes a scaling aspect which allows users to execute a pinching effect on rendered text, making this kind of layout faster.
Panorama 7.0 Supports:
- Sinhala and Tibetan Script – The Sinhala script is used mostly in Sri Lanka, while the Tibetan script is used in Tibet, Ladakh, Nepal and northern parts of India.
- Native OTF is sustained in Panorama 7.0. This superior feature provides the option to apply OTF features like superscript, subscript, fractions, scientific inferiors, etc. even if the font does not sustain them.
- Improved performance using OTFP coverage data by using embedded preprocessed data directly within the fonts.
- Glyph Bitmap Distribution Format (BDF) through open type fonts (OTF).
- Dynamic Font Array which allows every number of fonts at run time.
Bitstream Font Fusion 7.0
Bitstream’s Font Fusion provides the premier quality, fastest text output on any device, at any resolution. Its small footprint is predominantly well suited for mobile devices. It can render almost any font format, including bitmap, TrueType and Open Type.
Font Fusion 7.0 Includes:
- Support for optical axis of Multiple Master (MM) fonts and the addition of a new API that works on the real rendered width of a device.
- A new feature called Render Path that enables passing of lane data to Font Fusion. Font Fusion will then render the lane and return a bitmap shield.
- Smart Scale scales taller accented characters to not exceed the standard capital letter height. This new feature in Font Fusion 7.0 allows the real height limit to be individual.
- Support for the Standard Encoded Accented Character (SEAC) command that allows the font to identify the base character and the accent character and offset in a single “end char” command.
- The addition of new filters, counting a trim filter that removes all the blank lines from the rendered glyph and updates glyph metrics consequently.
- Numerous enhancements to the Font Manager, including Unicode mapping which provides an easy way to identify different fonts for different Unicode ranges.