Install & Use
Use your font by installing it. By installing your font it becomes available to all applications (including but not limited to most word processing, spreadsheets, desktop publishing and graphic design programs like Microsoft Word, Adobe Illustrator, etc.) on your computer.
Windows font installation instructions
- Open your "Control Panel" (under Start -> Settings).
- Double-click "Fonts" classification .
- Select "Install New Font..." from File menu.
- Browse to the location where you have placed the font file.
- Select "Your font (TrueType)" from the window.
- Click on the Ok button.
Note: If you are reinstalling the font, it is required you uninstall and delete the font BEFORE installing the new version. Sometimes a reboot is required as well.
Macintosh font installation instructions (Mac OS X)
- Find your font file in the Finder
- Double-click the font file icon
- Font Book display's the font
- Click the Install button
Note: In order to make use of the newly installed font, some applications require you to reboot your Mac.
Linux font installation instructions
- Find out the default font installation directory (usually /usr/share/fonts/truetype/)
- Copy the font file to that directory
- Rebuild the font folder index
- Update the font cache (e.g. fc-cache)
Note: Some of the above instructions may require root privileges. Font installation may vary per Linux distribution.